Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday!

April 5th, Tuesday, 32nd Birthday.
With my birthday being on a weekday there really wasn't much excitement. It was mom duty as usual with getting kids up and fed and running James to preschool. I decided to take time on my hair and dress up a little to feel more "festive." Then Harrison, Wyatt, and I went to Kohl's to get out and do something. I ended up shopping for my sister's birthday present on my birthday, go figure!

It was a long afternoon keeping kids entertained inside since it is STILL raining. Then our family went to dinner at Chevy's with some friends. They have the best salsa and kids eat free on Tuesday. However, Wyatt decided to be super fussy right when our food came so I ended up standing and walking trying to get him pacified. He really needed to be at home in bed but I finally got him to at least let me sit down. Not much of a fun time eating out with kids sometimes. I did get my ice-cream and birthday sombrero!



On Wednesday it felt more like my birthday. I wore my fabulous new sweater I bought for myself and my awesome visiting teachers took me to lunch at Panera. I had a friend lined up to watch my older boys but when I went to drop them off she insisted on leaving Wyatt. What a birthday treat to eat lunch with only adults and not have to keep getting up to fetch drinks, get more yogurt, find a spoon, and whatever else kids come up with right when you sit down to eat.

I thought we'd just skip the whole birthday cake thing since I really didn't need more treats and we got home late on my birthday. Then James asked when we were going to blow out the candles. I really didn't want cake so I suggested apple crisp (one of my all-time favorite desserts) and then James said how about apples on the sticks in caramel. Brilliant idea- caramel apples! A fun treat in a small quantity but still involves fruit! We had a lot fun decorating them and trying to get the candles in. James insisted on putting one big white meltie on each as the robots eye. Apparently they are iRobot caramel apples. (?) Who am I to question the creativity of my 4 yr old!

1 comment:

  1. I think as we get older birthdays are exciting because the kids make it fun and exciting. I am so glad you were able to do lunch with the girls. That is a NICE birthday treat. Happy late birthday.
    ps. I realized later I shouldn't of used the word "shocked" when talking about you blogging. I am just super excited to see that you are posting. :)

    ReplyDelete