Sunday, April 3, 2011

Manzanita Beach Trip

I've had a lot of requests to keep this blog going now that we're home from our big trip. I was reluctant just at the thought of how much time it would take. However, recently a friend pointed out the journal and family history value of this time investment and I was persuaded.

This past weekend we were invited by our friends to stay at their family beach house in Manzanita here on the Oregon coast. We totally jumped at the chance to get away from our mundane routine and spend time with some really fun people.

The dads weren't able to take time off work so the moms and kids drove out Thursday afternoon and had a grand time gabbing and letting the kids play. Then the men joined us on Friday night for a fun bon fire and smores. The crazy thing was how incredibly nice the weather was! It was sunny with hardly any wind. We're talking March on the Oregon coast--that never happens!! It's hard to get no wind even in summer months. The boys played on the beach for hours digging and running and just loving being outdoors. We've been cooped up inside the entire winter and now it's been such a wet spring that we haven't really played outside yet this year.

The boys were so tired each night that we got the kids in bed easily and then stayed up late playing games and just talking. It's just so nice to get away once in awhile. To step away from the daily grind and just enjoy being a family and having fun.










3 comments:

  1. Hey, I was pretty shocked when my reader said you posted something. I hope you keep this up. One of these days I plan to turn my blog into a book which, the ones I have seen look awesome. Blogs are a great way to keep in touch too. I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Augusta! So glad you are keeping up your blog! It was fun to see the beach pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I'm shocked I'm posting too! It's actually not taking much time like I thought it would. I'm glad someone out there is enjoying reading about us.

    ReplyDelete