Saturday, June 5, 2010

Last Day Rush

It's a nightmare when you just keep running around the house thinking of a million things you have to do and find yourself busy but not getting anything done. At one point the boys were both having meltdowns (probably from parental neglect due to our massive list of things we had to get done) so in exasperation I sent them out with Jeff to run last minute errands.
I went up to our room and saw the huge piles of clothes to be organized and fit into two suitcases and felt overwhelmed. I knew I wasn't able to do this on my own so I first went to my knees and prayed for the strength and organization I would need to accomplish this task. I got up and got to work. I was able to get quite a bit done before Jeff came back and I had to help with the boys.
We had to pack suitcases to take the North Carolina on the airplane and then have everything we would need for the rest of our vacation ready to load in the car right when we got back since we would only be home one night. I finally finished stuffing suitcases and weighed them and found one was 56 lbs and the other 43 lbs. I didn't have the energy to figure out what to switch around and cram to even out the weight so we opted to just pack a third small suitcase that James could pull.
Amazingly we went to bed before midnight (I hit the pillow at 11:45pm) and set our alarms for 3:40am to make our 6:15am flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment