Thursday, July 8, 2010

Always adventure at Grandpa Buzz's house

I am now 24 weeks pregnant and feeling great. The traveling really hasn't bothered me and I'm still out running (okay, more like jogging) three times a week. I went to my favorite chiropractor in Snowflake, Dr. Bowman, and he really worked me over. He kept asking how I was able to even walk in to his office since my hip and back were really out. Jeff was nervous of me going when I was pregnant but it was totally fine. I just wish I lived closer so I didn't just visit him once a year when I come to Arizona.


The day after we arrived my dad put Jeff to work helping him rebuild the water slide. Last summer the slide was just carpet over dirt with plastic on top with dirt built up to make the sides. This time my dad wanted to whole slide lined on the bottom with big wood boards he milled and then edged with scrap 2x2 wood pieces. James even got in on the action helping drill the holes to put the screws into the wood.
They went dumpster diving to find old carpet at the local carpet store and covered all the wood to pad it. The top was then covered with plastic and screwed into the wood sides.
My dad was hoping to have it done before we got here but he had a recent relapse and got really sick after he went to boy scout camp with my brother's kids. They were burning all sorts of plastics and cans in the fire and the chemicals made him really sick and he thought he might even have had a stroke. He was feeling much better when we got here which was a relief.

My dad had Jeff move the tractor that was holding up the zip line so we could extend the water slide. Jeff got a kick out of the method of popping the clutch to start it and even got to take the tractor for a spin around the field.


James was running around outside and having a grand old time. My dad had the thought to move his big iron stands he welded to hold planter boxes into the greenhouse before someone got hurt. BAM....James ran smack into the end of one and got his eye. It had a small cut and got progressively more purple but James didn't seem to mind after the initial pain was over.


So much dirt! The boys can't get enough of being outside and playing in the dirt. I've given up trying to even keep their faces washed until it's time for bed. Baths are mandatory each night to keep up with their black feet and all over filth. I even had to go buy a big bottle of stain spray just to keep up with their clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment