Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Projects

While Jeff has been busy with all the home improvement projects I've been working on sewing a blessing outfit for our new baby. I decided to make the vest on this one orange to be different from my other two. James had a blue vest and Harrison's was green.


When we were here last year we did room makeovers and painted the back bedrooms and re-decorated them with old family photos and things. We really wanted to put ceiling fans in since the summers get pretty hot and my mom only has so many oscillating fans to go around. Since Jeff was with me this time we decided to install them. We purchased them from Home Depot and felt that it was an omen the fan we chose was called the "Augusta." That must be quality! We were worried about what the ceiling would look like under the old box florescent light fixtures that had been there for years. I also pictured Jeff spending hours in the hot attic installing the box to hold the fan in the ceiling. To our surprise we found a box already installed and the ceiling looked perfect other than the two holes for the bolts to hold the other light. My dad helped Jeff with the first one and it seriously went up in 30 minutes.



While we were at Walmart looking at fans there we saw a discounted bathroom light fixture and decided to add that to our home improvement projects. After it was installed we started looking around the bathroom and decided to replace all the outlets and covers which are so cheap. I can't believe my parents still had this old vintage plate cover! The bathroom looked so nice but the mirror really detracted from it since it was missing the shiny mirror part in the corner by the faucet. It had been that way the entire time I was growing up and we figured it was time for a change. So....off to Home Depot again and voila...a spiffy new upgrade to the bathroom! We had to take back the first mirror we bought since it was scratched when we took it out but that was a minor setback.

Before (unfortunately I took this after the new light was installed so you can't see the vintage light fixture that formerly graced the wall).

After- Notice the lovely white wall.

I wonder how much this beauty would fetch on ebay?

1 comment:

  1. That bathroom looks great! It's amazing what a few little things can do to the overall look.

    ReplyDelete