Thursday, July 29, 2010

BYU Cougars

If you ask James what his favorite part of our trip was he would now tell you BYU, and we're still trying to figure out why. On Wednesday we took the kids to Provo to walk around campus and see the new buildings. It was super hot that afternoon and we kept the kids going by promising ice-cream from the creamery. It was really neat to tour the new Hinckley Alumni House. I decided the interior of this building will be what our rustic mountain retreat will look like one day, if we end up millionaires!

We had to take pictures by the nostalgic Tree of Life statue on campus. We noticed it's showing its age with a lot of peeling and cracking paint.

Harrison was so enamored by the construction all around campus and would stop walking and stare at the big machines. I would have to say this was the boys' favorite things to see. They are putting in new underground maintenance tunnels so there was plenty of digging and building going on.

We passed this statue near the central quad outside the Bookstore. There's a little girl statue between the mom and dad and James ran up and said, "I want to be the girl," and stood right in front. We added Harrison and look what a happy family they make!

It was so hot that we didn't wait for the creamery but bought ice-cream in the Cougar Eat in the Wilkensen Center. It was kind of a bribe to the boys to be good while we shopped at the bookstore. I don't think it worked because while we were shopping they were both pretty cranky. I don't blame them since we walked in the hot sun for hours and it was getting close to dinnertime.


We happened hit the bookstore during their 24th of July sale and got 25% off all hats and t-shirts. We were already planning to buy our kids some BYU things so this was a bonus. I bought a shirt but it's in a pre-pregnancy size so I couldn't wear mine. We headed to the stadium to take pictures by the big cougar statue.





After we had seen everything and shopped we finally headed back to the car. James saw the curvy ramps that led to the Marriott Center and wanted to go up one to see the bell tower. We had pointed out the tower earlier in the day and he got the idea this was a place he had to go. Looking back I think we didn't want to battle a melt down, or maybe we just thought we should do something James actually wanted to do since we dragged him around boring buildings all afternoon. So we set off in the hot sun pushing a stroller up the ramp all the way to the Marriott Center. Then there was no ramp up to the road by the bell tower so we had to push the stroller up steep grass. We had to stop and take a picture since the whole experience was so painful it became funny. I'm not sure if James was disappointed he couldn't go inside because he got distracted by how funny it was to take the stroller down the stairs. There was no way we were going back the way we came since it was so far out of the way that we just headed down the 3 flights of stairs.




We took this opportunity to take my 27 week pregnancy picture. I'm feeling pretty good but haven't been out running since last week. I'm starting to feel my clothes getting tighter which makes me feel even bigger. I'm curious to see what my weight gain has been when I get home and see my doctor next week. It's been kind of nice skipping 2 months of OB appointments and I feel this pregnancy has flown by. This little boy has been by far the most active of the three. He isn't shy about making his presence known by rolling around across my belly. Even James has felt him move!

We were all so tired and hungry for dinner but I had Jeff stop by the Creamery so I could run in and buy my absolute favorite treat- BYU mint brownies. After all the kids were in bed that night I indulged my craving. What a perfect end to a nostalgic BYU day!

No comments:

Post a Comment