Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Fun in the Pines


The weather here has been incredible! Nice and cool and overcast most days. We've even had some really big thunderstorms and down pouring rain. After one big storm we found Harrison out front in the yard sitting on a little bike trying to keep his feet dry. Notice the swampy dirt area behind him? That's where we just re-seeded my parents lawn. Needless to say the rain flooded it and it probably won't grow.

It hasn't been all rain here but pleasantly sunny days too. The kids have a lot of fun water sliding and even when our family isn't out there the neighborhood kids are. My parents toys are know around here as Webb Park and they don't mind anyone coming to play. In fact a big mutual activity will be held here next week after we're gone. James didn't love the waterslide as much as we thought he would so we didn't go out much. The one day I went I managed to find a screw left under the plastic and cut my knee. It looks way worse than it really was and I was glad I found it and not a smaller child.



We were organizing my mom's cupboards and found these old popsicle molds which James begged to make. I made the mistake of using Koolaid to fill them because they stained everything! I finally got smart and made him take off his shirt and wear a Koolaid colored apron. We loved making these as kids and I'm sure my mom thought they were as big of a mess as I do now.


We took all the older kids to see Toy Story 3 at the theater. James really loves the previous Toy Story movies and would get excited when he saw commercials for the new movie. However, he fell asleep just as we were getting to the theater. Then during the movie he kept saying he was tired and wanted to go home to sleep. I kept him distracted by offering him the bag of candy he collected at the parade over the weekend and we made it to the end. His favorite part was when Mr. Potato Head used a tortilla for his body and was all wobbly. I think he can relate to that because he loves to eat plain tortillas. We left Jarom and Harrison home with Grandma to take naps so we brought them back the leftover popcorn.

James couldn't get enough of the 4-wheeler and would insist on holding the key. He would even keep it in his pocket for safe keeping. I would let him push the gas while I steered and he had no qualms about going super fast.


My nephew found this old tricycle with a missing front wheel. He brought it to my dad to see if he could help him fix it. The missing wheel didn't deter Harrison from trying to ride it.








No comments:

Post a Comment