Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Boys and their Toys

I would have to say that my dad loved having our boys here and spoiling them. One afternoon he took James on a forklift ride. Actually it was more like he had to move a big metal drum and he let James hang onto the side. If I was a more concerned parent I probably would have been more freaked out by it but it was a pretty wide ledge James was standing on.


I took the boys down to Grandpa's shop and let them see what he was working on. They were loving it and all the cool machines. It was really hard to keep them from touching or sitting on something greasy.



Grandpa loved taking the boys with him when he was doing things and this time they rode in the trailer to get dirt for re-seeding the lawn.


Then my dad brought out a big toy...his old skidder from when he owned his logging business. At first my dad drove the boys around and then he taught Jeff to drive. James was in heaven! If you can imagine all the levers to push and pull. James got pretty proficient at opening and closing the claw around the log. They would make a loop around the work yard to pick up the log, carry it, drop it and drive around.



We took Harrison out since he was climbing all around and he kept begging to get back on.




As if the skidder wasn't enough, my dad then let them drive his giant Case 966 loader. This thing was so high, I was nervous just climbing on the side to take a picture of the boys in the cab. My dad has big compost piles in a field and he just let Jeff have free reign to scoop and move all the dirt he wanted. James insisted on making a horse trap for the horses my dad boards in the field so they scooped and moved dirt until there was a big area cleared. I couldn't tell who was having more fun, Jeff or James!





1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with Dad & your boys. I admit I'm a bit jealous that Dad never taught me to drive his big toys.

    ReplyDelete